2003 International School Bus (“Skoolie”) Custom RV Conversion.
The original school bus was purchased in June of 2019 from a school corporation. This bus was maintained by the school corporation right up until the week we purchased it. It has had routine maintenance its entire life and has never sat for more than a few weeks at a time. All mechanical components are in good working condition.
The conversion is 100% custom. All appliances, furnishings, electrical components, and building materials are the highest quality.
The bus is fully legal and registered as an RV. We have driven it approximately 8,000 miles after the conversion throughout the united states. It is fully tested and highly reliable. We will be doing another similar conversion later this year.
***Asking $75,900. Other offers will be considered*** Please contact me with offers or any additional questions you have. Additional photos and build information is available for serious inquiries.
– Brakes & Suspension: Air
– Engine: DT466 (non EGR), which is the “old faithful” of the large diesel engine family. It’s dependable, relatively easy to maintain. The engine will outlast everything else if properly maintained.
– Transmission: Allison 2000 (with overdrive). This engine and transmission combination is capable of highway speeds (not all buses are). It’s easy to cruise at 65 mph on flat roads. ***New Front Tires***
– Height: The finished interior height is about 6′ 3″.
– Solar: 800 watts of solar panels with 400 watt hours of batteries (12v). 50 amp electrical service with 50 amp charge controller, and 2000 watt inverter. Extremely high quality components.
– Water: 80 gal fresh water with 80 gal grey water. No black water system.
– Kitchen: 10ft butcher block counter top. Furrion 3 burner propane stove/oven combo with cast iron grates (fed by two 30 lb. tanks). ***Custom made high end cabinets*** designed and installed by experienced carpenter, with soft close ball bearing sliders. Dedicated pantry closet with heavy duty slide out drawers. Controls console with solar and battery monitor (can monitor by bluetooth and phone app).
– Wood Burning Stove: Cubic Mini wood stove with stainless steel hardware and stainless steel exterior rain cap. There’s also a secondary propane line for use with a small propane heat stove. Storage compartment for cut wood.
– Bedroom: Queen size extra thick Casper mattress, His and hers closets, and lots of under bed storage
– Bathroom: Natures Head composting toilet in a dedicated room.
– Shower Room: Second bathroom area sink and mirror with shower stall and special low flow / high pressure shower head.
– Desk: ***Custom made live edge desk*** made from a local mill, with desk drawers for additional storage.
– Garage: Rear garage area is separate from the living area. Houses electrical components, tools, and lots of additional storage.
– Roof Top Deck: 100 sq. ft. cedar roof top deck with access hatch.
– Rear Deck: Used in conjunction with a 2018 Suzuki TU250x Motorcycle. The motorcycle is not included in the price, but can be negotiated at an additional cost. Motorcycle ramp is mounted underneath the bus.