FOR SALE! $75,000. Big B is looking for a new home and mission. Professionally designed and built as a theater group tour bus, we successfully completed our national tour and are selling our trusty bus named “Big B.”
Supremely reliable and meticulously maintained throughout its whole life, first as school district fleet bus and then as our tour bus, Big B took us from coast to coast without a hitch. All service records are included.
Of particular note are the high carrying capacity with bedding for 8 people from 4 bunk units that fold down into day couches.
The interior open space and modular design allows you to reconfigure the space as needed. Also, the state-of-art EcoJohn incinerating toilet removes the necessity for black water plumbing, cassettes, or a composting toilet.
Finally, for the art lovers, the bus is painted with a stunning mural from a Bay Area muralist for the tour, of which you are free to keep, modify, or paint over.
Specs and Features Include:
- A 2008 Thomas HDX 40’ fleet-maintained bus with verifiable consistent and regular maintenance throughout its life.
- ~165,000 miles
- Cummins ISC 8.3 turbodiesel with Allison MD3000 transmission
- Already titled and insured as a motorhome in California.
- Sleeps up to 8 with 4 bunks all folding down into couches. Each bed has a usb port, light, and hand-sewn curtain. Great for a group of friends, outdoor adventures, or even as a rental.
- Rear cabin with a locking door that can be used as a small bedroom or extra storage.
- Built-out one year ago for the tour with brand new components, most with still active warranties (generator, fridges, microwave/toaster oven combo, EcoJohn, A/C, inverter, systems panel, shore power hookup and cable).
- Dealership-installed rear-view mirror-embedded back-up camera.
- Best toilet – the EcoJohn incinerating toilet. No black water, cassettes, or compost!
- Shower unit inside the bus
- Fresh (60 gal) and grey (70 gal) water tanks and plumbing with propane heater.
- Kitchenette with sink, countertop, 2 fridge/freezes, and microwave/toaster oven combo. Also comes with an outboard kitchen set including propane stoves and fold out tables.
- Dometic A/C with heat reflective roof paint and window tint.
- No chassis rust
- Steer tires in good condition, moderate wear on drive tires.
- Seatbelts for all occupants
- 8 lockers onboard
- Roof rack with access ladder – massive storage space with half the roof still available for solar panels. Comes with a multitude of ratchet straps.
- Large underfloor storage racks
- Modular, open access space with room to alter change/alter layout.
- Painted with unique work of art created by Bay Area artist DJ Agana.
- Leather air-ride racing seat with multi-point adjustment for driver.
- Two side emergency access doors and one roof escape hatch.
And finally, if a picture is worth a thousand words, then perhaps a video is worth a million? Either way, be sure to check out our virtual tour of Big B: https://vimeo.com/856896937?share=copy
Message [email protected] for more details!