I purchased this bus about a year ago in November 2021 from a private school that was the second owner of the vehicle. It is currently registered as a motorhome in Vermont (the home of many Skoolies). I carry insurance on it through Progressive at approx $280 per six months. It is completely gutted and is ready to make your dream of a Class A RV come true with 220 square foot of empty space. I would love to complete this project myself but do not have the space to store and work on it properly. The bus is in great condition, clean and ready to be the foundation for your project.
- 1991 International 3800 school bus with Navistar DTA360 engine and Allison AT545 transmission.
- Able to run at 60 mph on freeway with little effort.
- Bus is in great condition and in a state ready for build out to anything you want. Complete blank slate…
- Bus is of the last generation that is FULLY MECHANICAL and does not have any computer controls or electronically driven efficiency controls.
- This model is perfect for anyone interested in preparing for rougher times or natural / unnatural disasters that could cause issue with modern vehicles or other computer-controlled devices.
- Vermont plates are active & bus is registered as a motorhome so no inspection or other state issues required.
- Inexpensive Vermont title is yearly can easily be renewed via mail with no need to travel to Vermont.
- Bus is 38’- 6” long from bumper to bumper. Inside usable space is 30’ long and 7’- 6” wide. That is over 220 square feet of buildable space.
- Stop sign and any school insignia removed by law.
- All excess building materials are included with this purchase. These materials include lumber, some metal flashing, plastic weather proofing and vapor barrier.
- Engine is strong and has many more years and thousands of miles of life.
- Engine starts on the first crank every time.
- New filters installed in March of 2022 and no leaks or burning fluids.
- All fluids changed in March of 2022 except for transmission fluid that is healthy and fresh.
- Water pump & thermostat replaced in March of 2022 including all gaskets.
- Transmission was replaced in sometime in the last 15 years and shifts smooth through all gears.
- Two new Interstate Batteries purchased in November 2021.
- Power steering is responsive, easy to drive and no CDL required.
- On 50 gallon diesel fuel tank.
- Air brakes are strong & smooth with air tanks that charge up quickly.
- Body is straight with minor damage done to ‘bump strip’ on passenger side.
- Body is rust free with all school stickers removed and white paint over original school bus yellow.
- Interior has been gutted with seats removed and all flooring removed.
- Chassis Saver paint has been applied to the interior floor and surrounding edges to solidify rust and eliminate it permanently.
- All windows seal well enough to keep rain and elements out.
- All windows are intact, not cracked, clear and functional.
- All doors seal tightly and keep out weather and critters.
- Driver seat has been replaced with new Ford Mustang seat and second passenger seat is included in purchase of bus.
- Approximately 17,000 lbs in current state with max of 27,000. Plenty of room for build out and water tanks.
- All tires have good tread & no cracking or noticeable wear.
- All lights, blinkers, flashers, taillights and brake lights functional.
- Odometer reads 142,270+ miles but does not work any longer.
- Two light lenses are cracked or missing that will need to be deleted or replaced.
- Dashboard only partially works showing air pressure and oil pressure. New gauges will need to be installed to monitor the engine.
- Bus is 30 plus years old and has ‘characteristics’ of bus of that age but nothing that is out of the ordinary or troublesome.