2003 International 7.3L T444E Finished Skoolie
Calling adventure seekers! This bus is for you! It’s a bittersweet moment that we’re listing our beloved MuBusa for sale, but circumstances have put us into a home without wheels.
This bus is a 4-season beast. We’ve been down to -20F and up to 90F. We’ve driven over mountain passes in blizzard conditions with hurricane force winds. She’s been a workhorse through it all.
The exterior is ready for all kinds of outdoor adventures, and the interior is a cozy mid-century boho aesthetic. Our biggest goal with this bus was peace of mind: backups for major systems when we were in the middle of nowhere and an interior that we wanted to spend time in.
This bus is configured that with good weather and a water source, your only off-grid limiting factor is how long you can make 100 gallons of fresh water last for drinking, cooking and dishes.
We’ve poured ourselves into this bus over the last 18 months, and we really want to see her go to a great home that will make her even better.
Please send any questions you have to [email protected] Thank you!
Bus & Engine
- Vin: 4DRBRABPX3A959351
- 35’ 2003 International 3800 with 201,XXX miles
- 7.3L Navistar T444E Engine with an Allison transmission
- Brakes are in great condition, tires will need replacing in a year or two depending on how much driving is done
- We replaced the oil pump (HEUI pump) in Jan. ’21, which tends to be a big component that fails on these engines. Lucky for you, it happened to us.
- Coolant header gasket, oil pan, oil pan gasket, and dipstick tube have all been replaced in the last 18 months
- Currently registered as an RV with proper insurance
3x 170Ah 12v Lithium House batteries – 6.12kWh
- American-made BigBattery.com OWL LiFePO4 Batteries
1x Ecoflow Smart Generator – 5.4kWh on one tank
- Runs on gasoline
- Connects to Ecoflow Delta Pro for DC charging of Ecoflow Delta Pro
- Automatic start/stop for charging Ecoflow Delta Pro
1x 20L Gasoline Tank for generator – 27 kWh
- 1x 30 gal (yep gallons, not LBs) propane tank
- Used for cooking, hot water heater, and propane heater
- Professionally welded to the underside of the bus
- Needs refilling every 4-6 months depending on usage
Professionally installed by Charles Kern of Chrome Yellow Corp in Denver, CO
- 3000W Victron Multiplus Inverter
- 120/50 Victron MPPT solar charge controller
- Victron Orion Isolated DC-DC Charger for charging batteries while driving
- 600W Solar
- 30A shore power connection
- 120V wall charger for House batteries
- 100 gal fresh water tank installed under bed
- 45 gal grey water tank mounted under bus
- Suburban 5286A tankless propane water heater (house hot water) – professionally installed by Charles Kern of Chrome Yellow Corp
- Joolca Portable Tankless Hot Water Heater – Full outdoor shower set up/filtration to use a water source like a river for showering. 90h of hot water on included portable propane tank. Eliminates use of onboard water for showering.
- Diesel heater with 10 total gallons of diesel fuel (enough for about 2 weeks depending on temp outside)
- Camco Wave-6 Propane Catalytic Safety Heater
- Cubic Mini wood-burning stove
- Electric space heaters (draw is large on these so these are only for shore power/as a backup)
- Engine block heaters while bus is running
- Starlink for RV satellite dish and modem included
- Netgear wifi range extender for “shore wifi”
- Verizon 4G LTE mobile hotspot
- Combination of spray foam, foam board, reflectix, and some fiberglass insulation
- Wall/pocket door in middle of bus allow for a dual-zone effect for more efficient heating and retention
- 4 waterproof locking utility boxes mounted to the underside of the bus
- 1 large side-mounted locking storage box (24’’x24’’x48’’)
- 2 locking utility/tool drawers
- 60’’ slide-out utility drawer out back door
- Big roof deck on the back of the bus that can fit 5-6 comfortably with wooden ladder access
- 2 roof-mounted 10-speed MaxxAir Fans
- 4-camera security system with live feed directly into bed area.
- 4 LED light bars mounted on all sides of the bus. Controllable from bed area.
- Ski/snowboard storage on the back door
- Bike storage on the front (we kept a Super 73 ebike on the front)
- Real front door with keyless keypad entry and key locking handle
- Mounted fold out exterior table
- Sleeps 4 comfortably
- Queen bed in back – 12’’ memory foam mattress mounted on a full-metal, hydraulic lift system for easy underbed access.
- Apt2b Olivia sleeper couch – 5’’ memory foam pullout
- Natural wood and shiplap interior throughout, vinyl floors
- Tons of storage throughout
- Butcher block countertops
- Foldable butcher block table
- Furrion 3-burner propane stove/oven combo
- Unique Retro 7 cu.ft. RV fridge/freeze combo
- Hideable dish cabinet mounted to motorized lift. Hides flush with rest of counter.
- Tiled shower with seat
- Nature’s head composting toilet with vent/fan
- Sliding rack for toiletries
- Pocket door to close off main area from bathroom and bedroom area
- Dimmable led puck lights
- DC USB charging ports
- AC outlets throughout the bus
- Washer/dryer hookup
- Accordion blinds in every window (including front)
- Blackout accordion blinds in bedroom
- Hidden access door underneath bed
- Removable hanging knit co-pilot chair
- Removable window insulation inserts