We bought this 2001 Bluebird school bus from a school in Beaverton Oregon who was retiring the bus in 2018 and had Wind River Tiny Homes custom build it for us. We have lived in this one of a kind schoolie that turns heads (in a good way) everywhere we go full time for the past 4 years. We lived in it part time before that for 1.5 years (we lived overseas). We have loved it but with 2 kids now 5 and 3 years old plus another on the way, we needed more space so we just moved into a house. We are sad to let it go but know it will sit for 50 weeks a year and want someone else to enjoy it and make memories in it!
Price: $122,900 OBO. We will be dropping the price every 1-2 weeks and will take the first signed offer with a 5% deposit.
check out our walkthrough videos here: youtube.com/@SpenceHound
- Mileage: 170,000
- Make and model: 2001 bluebird all-American rear engine
- Engine: 5.9L Cummins inline 6-cylinder (diesel)
- Transmission: Alison MD3060
- Braking: air brakes, Front brakes linings and drums replaces at 153410 miles. Rear brakes linings and drums replaced at 153410 miles.
- VIN: 1BABNBPA81F099910
- Tires: 2 original Michelin steer/front tires XZE2 50%+ tread left, 4 new Hercules H702 drive tires with 95% tread left
- Other: Exhaust equipped with a CCRT Diesel particulate filter (DPF Retrofit device). Heated Mirrors. Mid mounted 130 cu ft push through exterior luggage compartments. Automatic tire chains. Cruise control (cruises at 70+ mph no problem). Back up camera.
- Service: the bus has been regularly serviced and has no known issues.
- Registration and insurance: registered as a House Car/RV in North Carolina, just passed inspection (July), and fully insured by All-state (this can be rare for schoolies).
- Builder: Wind River Tiny Homes (not DIY)
- Exterior: two-tone rustoleum paint (repainted June 2023)
- Structure: the roof was raised 12” in the middle section keeping the integrity of the original frame in the front and rear of the bus and then insulated with spray foam insulation throughout.
- Windows: large, high quality sliding house windows installed throughout with screens.
- Kitchen: Dometic dual gas/electric fridge with auto switch (for off grid), 4 burner range and gas oven, stainless steel farmhouse sink, butcher block countertops, high top bar seats two, folding dinner table stored near stove, prefab cabinets and custom shelving above sink
- Bathroom: utility sink tub shower with subway tile, mini sink, and separette villa composting toilet and custom shelves and storage above toilet.
- Sleeping: sleeps 2 adults in a queen size bed in back and 7ft by 33in lofted bunk as well as space below from another mattress.
- Bedroom: raised bed with a large storage area underneath, Samsung Tv wall mounted, foldable standing desk, closet space for 2 adults and 2-3 kids
- Heating/Cooling: Dometic Penguin 2 AC unit keeps entire bus cool and adds some heat, plus Suburban 30,000 btu furnace that heats entire bus even in sun freezing temps, and 3 Max fans for cooling in spring, summer and fall.
- Water: Intek 30,000 btu instant water heater
- Power: 30amp shore power, 200 Amp hour deep cycle battery (lasts 3-4 days off grid), 12v lighting when off grid and 110v when connected to shore power.
- Gas: two 100 lb forklift propane tanks are installed with a regulator under the bus to power the water heater, furnace, stove, fridge (when off grid)
- Septic/water systems: 100 gallon fresh, 100 gallon grey water tanks with SeeLevel Monitor, pump (for off grid), pee line goes to grey water tank, and composting toilet solids are bagged and disposed of.
This is an amazing mobile tiny home that Wind River built for a couple or family looking to adventure and live minimally. Serious inquiries only please. Payment is by wire transfer or bank check only (no cash, trades or exchanges).