Off-grid, Complete 2003 Ford e450 StarTrans Custom Conversion
GO HERE FOR MORE PICS AND VIDEOS OF THE BUS:
Completely custom design + build Custom Class C shuttle bus RV conversion for sale!
Life happens while we make plans and circumstances change. I am needing to sell this ready-to-roll home on wheels.
Built from the ground up by myself and professional outsourced labor. Comparable RVs go for $50k+.
This can be your family caravan. Your man cave on wheels. Your paradise on the road!
🚐 Vehicle details: 2003 E-450 Shuttle Bus V10 5.4 Triton Engine
* 132,xxx miles
* New spark plugs
* New alternator
* New hitch installed
* New serpentine belt
* New air filter
* New fuel filter
* New exhaust pipe
* Rear differential fluid & gasket changed
* New headlight housings and LED bulbs + added a set of bright LED reverse headlights as well as a set of extra front headlight coverage
* Rustproof undercarriage spray treatment
* 6 new ATS tires from Discount Tire
Parts included extra are :
* Serpentine belt
* Water pump
* Air filter
* x2 oil filters
* Fuel filter
* RV trim
LOTS of custom extras on this, including but not at all limited to:
⚡ Electrical System
*4 roof mounted solar panels feeding into a 2000 watt (4000 watt surge) inverter/charger.
* Dc charger for charging batteries while driving.
* Exterior outlet allows for shore hookup or generator.
* x3 SOK 12V 206Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Packs (206Ah x 3 = 618Ah total) (Paid ~$3,100)
* x4 Mounted Solar Panels (Paid ~$1,200)
* Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 817-2080 Power Inverter + Remote Panel (Paid ~$100)
* Renogy 12V 40A DC to DC On-Board Battery Charger (Paid ~$250)
* M1A2 New Generation RV Surge Protector 30 Amp with Waterproof Cover Camper Anti-Theft Circuit Analyzer Tester Plug with UL Tested (Paid ~$75)
* Gray Water Tank – 40 Gallon Tank (Paid ~$500 Custom from PlasticMart )
* Fresh Water Tank – 40 Gallon RV Water Tank 39″ x 18″ x 14″ NSF Certified and BPA Free (Paid ~$150)
* 1 × RV Shower Pan 36″ x 24″ x 5″ Right Drain in White ( Paid ~$150)
* Waterdrop 15UA Under Sink Water Filter System, NSF/ANSI 42 Certified, 16000 Gallons (Paid ~$100)
* Flojet 03526-144A Triplex Diaphragm Automatic Water System Pump, 2.9 GPM 50 PSI, 12 volt DC ( Paid ~$100)
* NOT INSTALLED – SEAFLO Accumulator Tank Water Pump Flow Control Internal Bladder 125 psi 23.5 oz (Paid ~$75)
* x2 Wavin – HepvO Sanitary Waste Valves (Paid ~$150)
*AC mounted under bed and vented through to main cabin via 4″ 195 CFM grow tent fan.
* GE – 450 Sq. Ft. 10,000 BTU Smart Window Air Conditioner with WiFi and Remote – White (Paid ~$500)
* Maxx Fan Maxxair (Paid ~$250)
* x2 Turbro AirSupply 4″ Inline duct fan (Paid ~$100)
* Famous Reliable Chinese Diesel heater + LCD remote (Paid ~$150)
* Extra new 5 gallon diesel can included (half full!)
🔥 Propane (for hot water and cooking)
* Flame King YSN122 12.2 Gallon ASME Horizontal Propane Tank | 12″ x 28″ (Paid $600) * Suburban 6 Gallon RV Water Heater Direct Spark SW6D 5238A 5138A 5138E (Paid ~$400)
* Flame King YSNHT600 2 Burner Built-In RV Cooktop Stove, Propane, 7200 and 5200 BTU Burners, Cover Included (Paid ~$100)
* PANGAEA Digital RV Propane Gas Detector with 85dB Loud Alarm, DC 12V, for Trailer, Motorhome, Motorcoach (Flush Mount – Black) (Paid ~$75)
*Butcher block countertop with built-in sink, propane powered stove, and cutting space. 2 small drawers and two large drawers. Under sink storage. Overhead microwave. With a pull-out fridge. All wired to the house battery. Safe attached under sink. DC and AC outlets located near sink. Paper towel and plate holder mounted eye-level. Hanging basket for spices, etc.*
* AstroAI 12 Volt Refrigerator 58 Quart Portable Freezer Car Refrigerator 55L(-4℉~68℉) * Unfinished Birch 6.17 ft. L x 25 in. D x 1.5 in. T Butcher Block Countertop (Paid ~$250)
*Solid waste is handled by a compost toilet area built in with a urine diverter system that goes to the gray water tank.
* Johnny Compost Urine Diverter system (Paid ~$150)
* Camco RhinoFLEX RV Sewer Hose Kit with Swivel Transparent Elbow and 4-in-1 Dump Station Fitting, Brown, 15 Feet (39770) (Paid ~$60)
*Walls are made up of gray wood panel board and white easy to clean FRP board. I also have made custom window cushions to keep the heat out in the summer and the cold out in the winter.
* FRP White Panel Board for walls + shower (~$200 worth)
* 1/4in-4ftx6ft Grey Wall Paneling (Paid ~$150 worth)
* Thermasheath Polyiso 1in x 4ft x 8ft (Paid ~$150 worth)
*Bed/Couch area is composed of several thick foam cushions upholstered with easy-to-clean microfiber cloth. Table legs are easily removed and the table sits flush with the red of the couch area to transform into a LARGE bed area! Fresh water tank, diesel heater, and water heater are all conveniently located under the bed.
*Extra flooring included with purchase. “Traffic heavy” flooring * BaseCore 6 in. W x 36 in. L Kiln Peel and Stick Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring (54 sq. ft./case – Almost a full case leftover included) (Paid ~$250)
* 9/32″ Plywood Subflooring (Paid ~$150) * Cabin entry way – Rubber-Cal Elephant Bark Flooring 3/8-inch T x 4-feet (Paid ~$150)
* TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home, Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control, QoS
* Intel NUC Mini PC for use with Home Assistant (that monitors + controls functions of the RV ) (Paid $)
* BV-Tech 9 Port PoE+ Switch (8 PoE+ Ports | 1 Uplink Port) – 120W – 802.3af/at (Paid $100) Miscellaneous
* x4 REOLINK IP Security Cameras Outdoor for Home Surveillance, 5MP PoE Dome Cameras, 100ft IR Night Vision, Motion Detection, RLC-520 (Paid ~$250)
* Pittsburgh 12 Ton bottle jack (Paid ~$150)
* RV Backup Wireless Camera HD 1080P 7″ monitor (Paid ~$200)
* UISLADDERS 10.5ft Telescoping Ladder Aluminum Telescopic Extension One-Button Retraction EN131 330 Pound Capacity (Paid ~$150) * Exterior Door – Geneva 32-in x 80-in Black Full-view Interchangeable Screen Steel Storm Door (Paid ~$350)
* HeatShield, The Original Windshield Sun Shade, Custom-Fit for Ford E-450 Super Duty Van (Cargo) w/ Rear View Mirror Cutout 2003-2020 Silver (Paid $75)
* Hall Door – (Paid ~$250) * CURT 13055 Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2-Inch Receiver (Paid ~$200)
I have added a passenger seat in the bus which makes the hallway a bit cramped to get in. The seat can be removed and replaced with a seat that is able to lean forward more. The current seat I think came from a Ford Expedition and has a self-contained seatbelt. I wanted a safe solution for a traveling passenger so it is bolted to a steel platform which is attached to the vehicle floor.
Not really going to list out the other stuff but please also consider the costs of the couch cushions, fabric, fans, caulk, power grab, pvc pipes + fittings, table + legs, cabin LED lights, door hardware, framing studs,screws, terminals, FRP board, wiring, plugs, shore cabling materials, tank heater pads, black pipe + fittings for propane, carbon monoxide detectors, sink, usb outlets, panel breakers, breaker panel, screws, romex wiring, recepticle boxes, more screws, outlet covers, split looms, connectors, etc. Still haven’t listed everything out!
I wish I had bought something outright when I first started out. We are only guaranteed today, and sometimes not even that. Don’t let your dream pass you by.
If you’re thinking of doing this, don’t start a build from scratch. This was a 3-year project for me with a lot of blood, sweat, tears, heartache, and mostly money. I spent at least $15k on labor on this build.
I promise you won’t find a more road ready vehicle in the tri-state area that is NOT at an RV stealership. RVs are STILL built with crappy, rushed, cheap China assembly line parts. Whereas, each item in this build was built with the best item purchases.
Cheaper than any RV for sale right now at camping world within 200 miles of 72956, including the clearance vehicles.
No CDL required to drive this.
No owner financing. I will work with your bank of choice though for a full cash upfront deal.
Insurance runs around $800-900 a year with a commercial Progressive plan. I can introduce you to my agent via email to get you the same package deal. Will gladly drop it off at your mechanic of choice in the area if you wish to have a 2nd opinion inspection of the vehicle.
Please just ask me a question if you have one :)
The asking price is $45,797. Open to offers after the listing has been up a while, but I know what I have so please no low ball offers. Serious inquiries only. Message me today.
As of today, I have had 622 clicks on my FB ad listing in just Arkansas and Oklahoma border alone.
2 hr 44 min from OKC, OK
Last updated on 05/02/22
RV, custom RV, shuttle bus conversion, vanlife, van life, custom van, van conversion, bus conversion, skoolie, school bus, passenger bus, passenger bus conversion, ford, triton, v10