We are selling our fully converted 1999 Blue Bird school bus!
Miss Lanna is equipped with 1240 watts of solar, 100 gallons of fresh water, a hot water shower, and self built composting toilet, making her fully off-grid ready and as sustainable as a 90’s school bus can be!
We built this tiny home from the chassis up, putting blood, sweat, tears, and care into every last detail. Uniquely designed with loads of storage space and creative, custom built multifunctional furniture, this tiny home has many layout options and room for both work and play.
As sad as we are to let her go, we are excited to hand over the keys to someone who will love & appreciate Lanna as much as we do!
Specs & Details:
- 1999 Blue Bird TC 1000
- Cummins 5.9L 24V engine
- 73,000 miles on the engine
- Allison AT545 Transmission
- All new tires (no more than a few hundred miles driven on the new tires)
- New fuel injector pump
- New fuel lines
- New bus batteries
- 26 feet in length
- 6 feet interior ceiling height
- Air brakes
- Completely rust free – The bus has always been in Phoenix, Arizona
- Exterior painted with Rustoleum Marine Grade exterior paint
- Henry’s Tropicool Rooftop coating
- Front door Smart lock keypad and fingerprint entry with deadbolt lock
- 2 original bus fans are wired to bus power
- All 4 front exterior overhead lights are wired for installing off-road lights
- Air hose hook up from air brakes compressor has been prepared
- Included: Curt drop hitch receiver (500lb capacity) – yet to be installed
- Included: Black Steel Basket Hitch Cargo Carrier (Folding 2 in. Shank) with waterproof cargo bag bungie net
- Included: 12ft long sun shade
- Original passenger seat belts (good condition) & hardware to install seat belts into the couch (detachable)
- The skoolie has already passed the RV inspection for Arizona.
- The bus has been worked on, inspected, and given the tick of approval by Tony at AAA Bus Sales in Phoenix. According to him, both the engine and transmission seem to be no more than 7 years old.
Solar & Electrical –
- 1240 Watts of solar panels from San Tan Solar (4 x 310W Mono Cell panels)
- 3000W Renogy Pure Sine Inverter Charger
- 100 MPPT Solar Charge Controller
- 5x 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Batteries from Renogy
- Bluetooth Module to monitor batteries and charge controller
- AC breaker panel and DC fuse box
- On/Off Switch and breaker for Solar Panels (between panels and charge controller)
- Shut off switch for batteries
- All wire sizes, fuses, and breakers are installed to code and meet the requirements for each appliance
- Victron Lynx Distributor
- 30 AMP Shore Power hook up
- AC Electrical outlets are placed strategically throughout the bus
- All regular outlets are 15 amp
- Outlets for larger appliances are 20 amp
- All lights are run on 12V DC
- Dimmable lights throughout the bus
- Light in the garage
- Solar powered external “porch lights”
- Breaker panel, outlet and interior space is prepared for Mini Split
- Interior space prepared for Diesel Heater
- Included: Hisense 5,000 BTU window unit air conditioner
- Included: A cable is already ran & prepared to install an Alternator Charger
- Included: 50 ft. 30 amp RV extension cord
- Included: Extension cord adapters for both 30 amp to 50 amp & 30 amp to 15/20 amp
- 100 gallon fresh water tank (mounted inside under the bed to maintain temperature – can be removed through garage door for cleaning etc.)
- City water inlet & water tank refill inlet on exterior
- 30 gallon grey water holding tank mounted under bus
- 7 gallon urine holding tank mounted under bus (diverted from composting toilet) – with exterior spigot for draining into blue disposal jug (super easy and “stealth”)
- Shurflo water pump with filter
- Shurflo Accumulator Tank (to regulate water pressure)
- Water Filtration system
- 4 Gallon Bosch electric water heater
- Fresh water hose hookup inside garage
- PVC plumbing exterior pipes are insulated
- Plumbed with HepvO Sanitary Waste Valves – one from kitchen sink & one from shower (to prevent odors)
- Shower drain has a 2-part trap to prevent blockage
- Low flow shower head
- Kitchen faucet is contractible and has pause button for less water consumption
Interior Build –
- Entire floor and entry were prepped and painted with Rustoleum High Performance Protective Enamel paint prior to build
- This model of bus has no interior wheel wells, which means much more interior storage space.
- Fuel gauge access point is located underneath the refrigerator
- Walls, floor & ceiling are fully insulated with 2-3 inches of Foamular rigid foam board (R-10)
- Both emergency exit windows were moved to the living area near the front door for the ability to have a living space that is open to the outdoors.
- Enclosed bathroom with composting toilet and shower – walls, floor and interior of toilet box are waterproofed with redgard waterproof membrane, as well as a PVC liner under tiles in the shower.
- Electrical and water systems are housed in rear corner garage with plenty of storage space – outdoor access through wheelchair lift door. Fireball is mounted near electrical system for emergency fire prevention.
- 100 gallon fresh water tank & plenty of additional storage under Full Size bed in rear, with storage access from rear door.
- Skylight hatch above the kitchen/office area for extra light and access to the roof
Internal and external storage space –
- Entryway shoe storage shelf
- 6 feet of storage under couch including one easy access drawer
- 2 giant drawers under the bed for clothing storage – approx. 2ft x 2ft x 1ft
- Large overhead storage area in the bedroom above the garage
- Significant bedside storage on both sides of the bed – with electrical outlets. Including one deep storage compartment with laundry bag.
- 2 drawers in the bathroom – approx. 2ft deep
- Storage behind toilet – fits an unnecessarily large amount of toilet paper rolls
- Large amount of storage space in garage and under bed accessible from back doors.
- 2 under kitchen cabinets and one kitchen drawer
- Open shelving throughout entire bus and large inset spice shelf in kitchen (all open shelving can easily be secured for travel)
Multifunctional furniture –
- Fold up bar top can act as an extension of kitchen, or as a work desk
- 6 foot couch pulls out in 3 sections for many different seating options, as well as a Full Size guest bed, 6 feet of storage underneath (with easy access storage drawer on the end)
- Murphy Table Mini Bar folds down to become a dining table & forms a full size L shape work desk. Mini bar storage was specifically designed to fit alcohol bottles, beer and soda cans, cocktail shaker, mortar & pestle etc. Can also be used as desk storage if you don’t like to party.
- Fold up/down work desk with internal storage and electrical outlet – joins with murphy table to form full sized L shape desk suitable for 2 people working together.
- Full motion TV/Monitor wall mount above the desk also allows for watching TV from the bed, as well as from the couch.
- Adjustable bed frame with inclining head and feet sections plus slatted frame with adjustable firmness.
- MaxxFan Deluxe 7500K electric powered roof vent with remote control
- 4.5 cu. ft. refrigerator
- 2 burner induction stovetop (can easily be removed/replaced with gas stove)
- 4 Gallon Bosch electric water heater
- Mini portable washing machine – easily fits into sink for draining
Much of the indoor furnishings are included with the sale of the bus, including mattress, chairs, rugs, spice jars, food storage bins, etc. making her MOVE IN READY!
Tiny Home Tour: https://youtu.be/SeJhkuqpCIM