Higher quality photos on Instagram: @TakinItEasy4500
2006 c4500 shuttle bus conversion:
- 6.6 LBZ Duramax/ Allison transmission- 150k miles
- Florida bus , no rust/ 40 gallon diesel tank
- Turbo brake/ High idle switch
- 61-64 MPH we average 11-12 MPG
- Roughly 27-28 feet front bumper to rear storage box
- Very easy to maneuver, turns VERY sharp for a bus.
- Back up Camera with 7″ mounted screen.
- Built to be off grid/ campground friendly
- (2) Remote fobs that open/ close shuttle doors
- Clean title in hand, titled as a motorhome
Maintenance- 08/22 @ 147,000 miles
- Drag link/ tie rod assembly/ all new bushings
- All new Bilstein shocks
- 6 new 19.5″ tires- 4 all terrain on rear, 2 steer up front
- oil /filter/ belt/ fuel filter/air filter replacement
- led headlights – maintenance alone was over $9k
- From the shuttle company (champion) there is 1.5-2″ of closed cell insulation on ceiling/ walls even under bus where cross members are.
- floor is constructed of (2) 3/4″ plywood with 1/2″ poly board insulation and framing between. all plywood primed with mold resistant paint.
- Cedar ceiling, 3 coats of polycrylic sealer.
- When gutted, all metal was sanded and treated with POR-15, every window taken out and re sealed. ( pics of entire process available )
- roof seams re sealed with lap sealant- roof sealed with Elastomeric coating.
- 4.5 CF fridge/ freezer. husky drawer for kitchen storage. wooden top to expand prep area.
- greystone 3 burner stove/ oven. sliding storage under stove
- sink with matte black faucet. drains to portable 6 GAL jug
- kitchen is finished with butcher block and sealed
- more storage above entire kitchen (8′)
- 11″ ceiling exhaust fan
- couch that converts into bed, L shaped couch. Table comfortably sits 2. Electrical under lager couch/ storage & diesel heater under smaller couch.
- Custom made cushions with outdoor water resistant covers. (washable)
- Pet friendly/ waterproof flooring throughout
Water system/ Bathroom
- 75 Gallon fresh tank, 25 grey (shower only)mounted under bus.
- shurflo water pump/ accumulator. Pex ran throughout
- bosch 7 gallon electric water heater ( on/ off switch )
- complete subway tiled shower with river rock flooring.
- matte black fixtures, on/off flow shower head
- OGO composting toilet ( awesome toilet!)
- shower curtain that protects toilet area
- flexible thinset used & epoxy grout. no damage has occurred. shower prep was done right with durarock/ redgard/ liner
- (4) 240 watts solar panels = 960 watts on the roof
- (2) 200 Amp hour lifep04 batteries
- 24 Volt system
- 3,000 watt inverter/ charger. charges batteries when hooked up to shore
- 30 amp shore connection/ emergency on/ off switch
- victron lynx distributer. All appropriate fuses/breakers and wire AWG size used.
- marine grade wire used throughout entire bus. Marine 12v/110v electrical panel used.
- 12 led lights throughout bus. kitchen/ bedroom on dimmers
- multiple USB outlets throughout bus, 3 AC outlets
- pioneer 9k BTU 21.5 seer mini split. condenser outdoor unit mounted under bus. 115 V version, heavy duty extension cord wired to unit to plug into outlet/ generator if needed.
- mini split also has a heat pump built into it for down to zero degrees.
- 5 KW diesel heater with 15 L diesel jug mounted under bus with filler neck accessible from outdoor driver side. No fuel smell/ leakage in bus.
- custom box mounted under bus that holds (2) 20 LB tanks with a dual regulator. door with lock.
- Stainless steel flexible LP line ran straight up to Stove.
- Stove is only appliance that utilizes propane. can lost months on both tanks
- full 8″ serta mattress. plenty of storage under pillows.
- Wheel chair doors open up facing a great view, emergency window props open as well as rear door.
- 2 bookshelves mounted with left over butcher block
- bed hinges up to access storage/ water system
- custom storage above driver head using plywood door with hinge/ lock. I keep my drill bags in there.
- storage under bed/ as well as shoe rack for muddy hikes etc
- tractor supply storage box mounted to rear of bus with locks
- plenty of storage throughout kitchen
- Closet has storage behind clothes. Under closet we have a empty rear for out dog. can be utilized for more storage.
- 2 fire extinguishers
- smoke/ carbon monoxide detector
If we find a buyer who loves our bus as much as we do, we will be upgrading to a larger rig for us and our big PUP. It has taken us 1.5 years to get the bus to where it is! We have receipts for every item bought/ used in the bus. A lot more photos on instagram/ YouTube : TakinItEasy4500 , documents a lot of our progress. We currently live in the Bus located in Yellowstone, Wyoming. Bus will be available around October, if wanted prior we could arrange something. Bus needs nothing and is ready to roll/ live in! I have MANY photos of the build process. Please reach out for any information I may have missed! Thanks!
Will include 30 AMP power cable, Surge protector AND Yamaha 2,000 watt generator. We use the generator to solely power the MINI split when we are off grid and do not want to drain our battery system!