Was listed at $50,000.
Tealy P’tealy, as lovingly named by our two daughters, is up for sale. Other working names included “The Real Teal,” “The Teal Deal,” and “The Teal McCoy,” but the possibilities here are many.
We bought our gutted bus during the summer of 2022, finished it, mounted a bison skull to the grill (which our friend found in a Yellowstone dumpster), and our family of 4 (children ages 4 and 6) lived in it for most of a year as we were exploring some new possibilities in life. We are now ready to send it off for some new adventures.
This bus runs and drives very smoothly. We were lucky to live just a couple of miles from Stine Tire in North Manchester, IN, which performs routine maintenance for the local school bus fleet. Our maintenance/inspection report read “All systems OK. Roadworthy approval!” We also took it to TEK Coat and Spray, in South Whitley, IN to have a rubberized undercoating sprayed on the undercarriage so that it would have better defenses against our Indiana winter roads. Between these things, a fresh paint job on the body (roof was painted when we bought it), the low mileage (105,500) and age (2009), this bus has a great many trips yet to go.
Registered as an RV in Indiana.
Main area/sleeping areas:
- Queen bed w/ storage cubbies underneath. Mattress is tri-fold to allow for easy access to storage.
- Bunk beds (mattresses are 27 x 63)
- 24 x 36 collapsible kitchen table
- 22 x 73.5 couch area with storage underneath
- carbon monoxide/smoke detector
- Magic Chef fridge; 10.1 cu ft; model HMDR1000BE
- Danby Designer 20″ gas stove
- Butcherblock countertops; 72″ usable counter space
- Full size kitchen sink
- Pantry; 12″w x 22″d x 72″t
- PEX throughout
- 30 gal graywater tank
- 100 gallon freshwater tank w/ Seaflo pump and accumulator tank
- Freshwater hose bibb
- 25′ heated Camco drinking water hose
- Excel tankless/vent-free propane water heater
- Nature’s Head Composting Toilet
- Exhaust fan
- 26″ x 26″ shower with bench
- Della 9000 btu mini split
- Cubic mini wood burning stove
- Spray foam/rigid foam board insulation throughout
- 30A shore power w/ 100′ cord
- Dimmable LED lighting
- 1950 W rooftop solar (Ecoworthy panels)
- 12v, 50 Ah Lithium-ion batteries (6 ct., Ecoworthy)
- Victron battery monitor
- Giandel 3000 W, 24 V, pure sine wave inverter w/ 3 year Amazon protection plan (this is not the inverter pictured… we are replacing it)
Feel free to message me with questions or for more photos.