Somewhat sadly, we are selling our dream bus. We built it to live life on the road, with specific care to every detail of the build, getting it exactly like we wanted it. However, because of the perfect job opportunity, we decided to settle down into suburban life, and are now selling Little Blue.
This is an awesome TC2000 Blue Bird in the “3/4” size range. Not a short bus, and not a major rig. Perfect for driving around, but also ample living space. It’s a rust free west Texas bus from a tiny town called Brownsfield.
We designed the interior to be extra spacious in the front quarters and to tuck the bed and bunks in the rear. We also went with a closed off rear garage for utilities, insulation value, and extra storage. And because of our local climate, we decided to put not one, but TWO Dometic Penguin ll AC units on board. Each unit is the more heavy-duty, high-capacity model, going from 10k BTUs to 13,500k BTUs each. All to say, this bus gets ice cold when hooked up to full power. Also added was a custom-fabricated, engineer spec’d rooftop deck for hanging out, or extra storage.
All in all, there are a ton of cool features on this bus, as well as tons of future options available to add as you go.
The fact sheet below should have most all of the nitty-gritty details, features, and build info needed. If you have any questions though, feel free to ask! We love bus talk!
This is now the second bus we’ve built, and would have been the second we lived in, but now it’s your turn!
29’ 1989 Blue Bird TC2000
(10 window “3/4” style bus)
5.9L 12v 6BT Cummins Turbo Diesel – the “Million Mile Motor” with 69,xxx original miles.
Bus is titled as an RV/Motorhome in New Mexico
This is a new build. Nearly all appliances and materials are brand new or lightly used during the build process.
- Bus is equipped with Hydraulic Disk Brakes
- Upgraded LED headlights, tail lights, reverse lights and turn signals
- Reverse Camera
- Henry’s Tropicool Siliconized Elastomeric Roof Paint (keeps bus cool in summer)
- Furrion Battery Charger and DC converter
- Furrion AC/DC Breaker Panel
- Furrion Stainless Steel 50 amp Shore Power Inlet
- (Two) Brand New Rooftop Dometic Penguin II 13,500k High Capacity AC Units
- Dometic CCC2 Multi-Zone Thermostat
- Dometic Americana II 6 cu. ft Fridge
- Takagi LP Tankless On Demand Hot Water Heater
- Natures Head Toilet
- Stainless Modern Sink and Faucet
- Modern Gas Stove Top
- Cedar Tongue and Groove Ceiling
- Exterior LED flood light (both sides of vehicle)
- 3,500lb Engineered Roof Top Deck
- Butcher Block Countertops
- Waterproof Laminate Flooring
- Dash Storage Configuration
Bus comes with:
- Camco 30′ PowerGrip Heavy-Duty Outdoor 50-Amp Extension Cord
- Heavy Duty RV 220v to 120v adapter
- New Telescoping Aluminum Ladder for Deck Access
- Water pressure regulator
- Used 10” Pillowtop RV Queen sized Bed in Rear
- Space heater/thermostat activated plug for garage space
- Bus has RV water pump and city water hook ups
- Two bench seats or Full Queen Bed in front
- Two 56” kids bunks (with under storage) OR storage and dog bed
- Full Size Shower/Wet bath
- Ample Storage
- Rear Garage Design (for extra gear storage, room for solar options)
- 70 Gallon Fresh Water Tank
- 50 Gallon Grey Water Tank
- Shurflo 4gpm water pump
- Dual 20lb Propane Tank Rack with Auto Changer
- Interior climbing rated hammock mount
- Tinted Windows
Bus is completely wired in proper sized gauge, stranded wire for longevity.
Bus completely gutted and re-insulated with PolyPro foil-lined insulation (floor, ceiling, and walls)
All propane connections are fit with pneumatic RV style quick disconnect points and shut off valves.
Bus holds (2) 20lb propane tanks for all gas needs: fridge (while driving or camping), stove, and On-Demand Hot Water Heater.
*Bus needs at least (4) rear dually tires replaced before long drives. This can be negotiated in final sale.
*Current (and original) speedometer works but sporadically, especially in cold weather. A new $300 aftermarket speedometer will come with the bus, uninstalled. Mileage is accurate and still reading on original gauge, and will be left installed for proof of mileage.
*Buyer is responsible for any inspections done before purchase. This is an “as is” sale, therefore there are no warranties or guarantees made for interior/exterior structure, powertrain/mechanical, appliances, utilities, drivability, safety, legality, or any other aspect of the bus or its use. Seller is not responsible for legal ability of registration or insurance. Buyer is responsible for ensuring the bus is legal to own and operate by their own state’s laws, and are also responsible to ensure they are able to obtain proper insurance (but we’ve been able to insure it State Farm thus far).