Please reach out to 305 433 0074 for videos, further details, and more.
This is a one-of-a-kind Skoolie conversion. To begin, the foundation is built on a brand new Caterpillar Diesel C7250 engine with roughly 98,000 miles and an Alison 3000 transmission.
Bus Background: This bus came from Colorado and was purchased from the 1st owner in Orlando, Florida August of 2020. We’re the Second owners and only builders. We hired contractors, electricians, plumbers and followed professionally designed renderings. All are available for review by the interested buyer.
The bus was designed to ensure a family and their friends can enjoy several days to weeks on the road. It includes luxury finishes, modern touches, and practical design to provide comfort for everyone.
The state of Colorado didn’t meet budgets and decided to sell their fleet of buses before their next year’s budgets were reduced. They ended up buying brand new buses.
This was after servicing all their buses; the Alison transmission and the Caterpillar engine were serviced and completely updated with their respective manufacturers. All parts in the engine are OEM and all parts in the transmission are OEM. They currently have ZERO issues and have been carefully reviewed by a very experienced Mechanic. You’re more than welcome to bring a mechanic to review and verify everything stated here.
The bus has 6 new tires worth over $4,000 that were changed in November of 2021. With less than 100 miles.
The base of Build (Estimated Cost $28,000)
Our intentions with the base of the bus were to ensure the bus was well insulated, waterproofed, and can last years to come. We utilized the best wood and ensured that all components were built with the intention of durability.
- Bus Floor: Insulated bus floor with 2 layers of plywood. We placed 11/32 plywood on the metal floor, then we added insulation, within 1×2 framing, and then placed 15/32 OSB anchored to the 1×2 framing on the flooring. This is all beneath the current waterproof/scratch proof vinyl flooring suitable for kids and pets. Which has been completed at nearly 80% of the job.
- Bus Interior Roof: The roof has also been water sealed (three layers of clear coat), vapor-locked, insulated, and has anchor points as reinforcement for the beautiful cedar roof installed. The cedar roof is very limited and hard to acquire cedar planks from Homedepot. Each plank was about $32 per plank with over 187 planks installed from front to back and side to side.
- Bus Interior Walls: The walls have all been insulated, re-framed with 2×2, we added 11/32 plywood as the base and then we added the shiplap from front to back.
- Bus Windows: All windows were removed, cleaned, and re-installed with commercial-grade window installation cement to ensure they are sealed, and then we went ahead and put clear window sealing caulking on all windows.
- Window Deletes: The windows that have been removed were covered from the inside out. We place 16 gauge steel on the interior bent to the exact dimensions of the interior lip of the windows. Then we added insulation, and then we added 14 gauge steel on the outside bent to the exact dimensions to wrap around the edges of the exterior.
- Interior Walls and Framing: All materials used were purchased from Homedepot with receipts for review. We utilized the best wood and all walls have been built with 2×4’s for framing and 15/36 premium plywood.
Electrical (Estimated Cost $9,500)
We had the electrical system built around a foundation that allows us to have electricity on the road, at a campground, and by a generator. Everything we utilized was with high-grade commercial or building material.
- All electrical was installed by a professional, licensed, and contracted electrician.
- We currently have the capabilities to run 50 amps through shore power, 30 amp through battery power, and 50 amps from the Onan Cummins 7500w commercial generator with 1,000 hours (EXTRA COST OF $6,500).
- LED recessed interior lights throughout the entire bus and 12V lights in case of an outage or on the road use throughout the entire bus.
- Exterior and interior lights work perfectly. These have been extensively tested and work as intended.
- All wiring used was exterior grade Romex 14/2.
- Our generator connection utilizes 6/4 SOOW exterior electrical building wire.
- Our electrical panel utilizes SquareD QO breakers and breaker boxes.
- We have also installed a Victron Energy MultiPlus 3000VA 12-Volt Pure Sine Wave Inverter 120 amp Battery Charger
- With TWO Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Batteries 12 Volt 200AH
- All 12 volt electrical is completely wired and installed.
- The bus is equipped with a camera system to ensure monitoring and security. Everything is wired and connected into the entertainment system.
Plumbing (Estimated Cost $4,800)
ALL INTERIOR plumbing has been completed. ALL EXTERIOR plumbing is still unfinished.
- All interior plumbing that runs from our tanks was constructed with sharkbite and pex plumbing. This allowed us flexibility and durability. All white plumbing pipes are for cold water and all red plumbing pipes are for hot water.
- No corners were bent or folded; each turn have its respective Sharkbite angles and Sharkbite connections.
- We went with a propane-powered water heater for faster heating. We have installed a SUBURBAN MFG Co 5286A Iw60 with H On-Demand 60K Btu W/ remote control access.
- The bus is equipped with a 100-gallon freshwater tank, 100-gallon grey water tank, and 25-gallon black water tank. With a tank monitoring system. The Grey and Black water tanks still need to be installed.
- There is an outdoor shower that has hot and cold water
- Both freshwater fill and city water connections have been installed and fully functioning.
- There is a water pump, accumulator, filter, and shut-off valve installed.
Living Room (Estimated Cost $3,500)
The living room has everything needed for an amazing time with the family.
- We ran HDMI’s and other entertainment cables from the entertainment section in the electrical closet.
- The wall has been framed to hold a 55” tv with 2×4 reinforcement.
- The sofa fits 3-4 people comfortably and includes a twin-size pullout sleeper underneath.
- The dinette area seats 4 adults comfortably and converts to a small sleeping section for children. The tabletop is a beautiful and matching butcher block top.
Kitchen (Estimated Cost $3,000)
Our kitchen was designed with practicality and space in mind. We wanted to ensure the best experience while cooking and enjoying the time in our Skoolie. We picked high-end modern finishes with a farmhouse-style look.
- The kitchen includes a 10 FT butcher block countertop that has been varnished and sealed with epoxy.
- The sink is a deep under-mount sink, with black hardware and a Moen GX50C Prep Series 1/2 HP Continuous-Feed Garbage Disposal already installed.
- The cabinets are soft-close Hampton Bay with 3 drawers and a sink cabinet
- Brand-new Furrion 21” gas range with 3 burners and an oven
- The fridge is a 2019 Dometic fridge that runs on 120 and 12V/propane. It still has the manuals and it’s never been used, just tested and functions properly.
- We purchased the backsplash to be installed around the Kitchen Windows and can be included upon the buyer’s request with no additional charge.
Bathroom (Estimated Cost $3,800)
The bathroom was completely built from the ground up keeping in mind waterproofing, aesthetics, and functionality. It’s also equipped with modern finishes, high-end tiles, and more.
- We used a modern Schluter Kerdi Board waterproofing system. We also utilized a red guard on the entire base of the bathroom to ensure we have everything waterproofed.
- The bathroom has a Dometic 310 Series toilet bowl
- A vanity sink with storage
- Modern Herringbone and Penny tiles
- We left a window to allow natural light in the shower; we also have a frosted glass tint to apply to that window.
Bedroom (Estimated Cost $2,200)
The bedroom has work to be done. The framing of the bed and slats has been completed, all windows framed and the walls have been painted. We have added some amazing features such as an air conditioner, washer and dryer, and room for storage underneath.
- All in one, ventless, washer and dryer
- Coleman Mach 3 plus AC
- Individual light controls
- Framed windows
- Emergency exits
- Space for Storage
HVAC (Estimated Cost $1,900)
The bus is equipped with two 13,500 BTU Coleman Mach 3 plus Air conditioners. We also added heating coils and components to ensure warmth throughout the winter months. Both are brand new and have less than 10 hours running; they were purchased during the 2021 year and should still have Manufacturer’s warranty. We can always reach out to the seller to retrieve these details.
To be completed (Estimated Cost $6,000)
This bus has been listed as a partial build-out because there are some key elements to be completed. In good faith and trust with our potential buyer we would like to list out the items that are pending in our vision to complete this build.
- The windshield was cracked during buildout. We have the part number and the contact directly at the dealership. This is an easy fix; it just needs to be ordered and installed.
- The floor is nearly 80% complete and we have the stock of the floor to complete the rest of the bus.
- Exterior plumbing needs to be completed. Running the grey water and black water lines and installing the toilet is what remains. In addition to installing the tanks underneath the bus.
- We have installed and placed the propane tank holders and lines through the bus. This is connected to the stove, the fridge, and the water heater. It needs to be professionally tested and either modified or re-installed. Our only issue is the lines are producing heat; we’re thinking because they use natural gas, not liquid propane or vice versa. A very simple fix.
- The sofa and the bed need to be upholstered and finalized with the mattress and cushions. We have the fabrics that will be included in the sale of the bus.
- The driver section has to be designed and completed. We have built the doghouse cover on the engine cover to reduce noise. The dash has been completely removed and ready to place a custom dashboard.
- If a generator is going to be installed; all the electrical work has already been wired and placed in the generator box. You will still have to run a gas line from the bus’s main tank and place your desired generator in the box.
Reason for Sale
We have worked tirelessly on the build, we have personally spent over 1,500 hours and our contractors spent another 2,000 hours during our construction days to arrive to this point. We had originally purchased this bus as a family getaway toy and then transitioned it into a business opportunity for Airbnb. As the build arrived towards its completion we decided it would be best to focus our efforts, money, and time on our business model and pivot our business plan.
To be clear, we are not selling this bus because there is anything wrong with it or because we’re incapable of finishing it. We’re selling it because this project doesn’t fit into our current business model and plan. As much as we would love to keep working on it and hiring staff to complete it, our efforts are better placed into our new venture which requires a lot of time and effort.
With heavy hearts and much consideration, we have decided to sell this bus and hand it off to another family, couple, or friends that will be willing to complete the final touches and enjoy this Skoolie to its fullest potential.
This is a steal and an amazing offer. We have been in the Skoolie world for almost two years and gems like these are very far and few in between. Where we are in the project, is near completion not in the beginning stages of a “Partial conversion”. To be honest, we hate to call it a “Partial conversion” because of how far and near to the end our Skoolie conversion is.
We have sourced the best materials, newest products, appliances, and components to ensure the longevity of this beautiful Skoolie. We spent endless hours researching, understanding, and consulting with experienced professionals for the items placed and utilized in this build. No corners were cut and nothing was left to chance. Every detail has been carefully planned and executed.
We hope you find this document to be detailed, thorough, and exciting for your potential purchasing decision.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to see the bus we are more than open to answering any and all questions. We can schedule a time to do video calls, in-person visits (Ft Myers, FL) and to take any phone calls. Below you will find our contact information; please feel free to reach out!
(305) 433 – 0074
(786) 806 – 9468