2008 CHEVY SHUTTLE BUS | BEAUTIFULLY CONVERTED | 100% OFF-GRID
93,000 MILES, TIRES IN GOOD CONDITION, DIESEL 6.6L V,. GREAT ENGINE, DRIVES GREAT, ALWAYS MAINTAINED AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY MOTOR ISSUES.
*Please read this listing in it’s entirety before asking questions :)
Our family of four turned our dreams into reality building and living in this bus. It was truly the adventure of a lifetime!! It is a really bittersweet and hard decision to let her go, but we are excited to watch her hold a new vision for someone else!
This Shuttle Bus is not just a vehicle; it’s an opportunity to experience a life of adventure, exploration, and unparalleled freedom. We built it as a family home. Thinking of every single detail and with a big focus on aesthetics. We really went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable and safe traveling with two little ones. It’s cozy, comfortable, and highly functional.
We are currently gearing up to leave the country and would love to sell in the next month to the right person. We are still moving all of our stuff out and getting it ready for you to drive away!
It took me 12 months to fully convert this bus working ½ days and weekends. Nothing was rushed and the build was done meticulously with a high attention to detail and aesthetics. The interior was completely removed down to the bare metal frame, which was then rust treated with POR-15. New ¾” ply subfloor waterproofed underneath. Ceiling and walls have 1” rigid foam insulation and the floor has ¾” rigid foam insulation. The exterior was completely sanded and repainted with a rust-oleum oil-based enamel paint and has held up well. Still looks new! The rims were repainted with a gloss black and look great too. The interior features lots of natural wood and a muted color paint scheme because we really like the look. Reclaimed bamboo flooring was used to trim out the cabinets and some walls, and high-grade birch plywood is used throughout.
We do a lot of cooking, and this kitchen has been phenomenal. With the solar power and battery setup we can run any kitchen appliance you need including a Vitamix blender and an instant pot. A very functional kitchen featuring butcher block countertop, 3 burner gas stove and oven, 11 latching storage drawers, pull out pantry (x2), pull out spice rack, 4 large upper cabinets for plenty of storage. Large stainless-steel sink. 10 cu. Ft. upright fridge and freezer. All cabinets and drawers are custom made with high quality 3/4” ply. Hanging fruit hammock, paper towel holder, trash and recycling bins under sink. The bus also comes with a Weber Q 2200 BBQ grill which is great for grilling outdoors.
We built the couch as a modular design to serve a few purposes. Somewhere to relax on the couch and read a book or watch a movie, a dinette seating area able to seat 4 people for dinner, or an extra bed for a guest. There are also doors underneath the 2 seats for storage. The table is custom built and matches the hickory hardwood flooring. Overhead there is some warm led strip lighting, a fan, and 3 upper storage cabinets.
The front of the bus features a lot of overhead storage and a double seat facing backwards (this can fold up if necessary). We used this to secure child seats for safe driving with the toddlers.
Features a king-sized bed and unique bookshelf with moon phase cutout and led colored mood lighting and (2) dimmable downlights. 5 wall mounted cabinets provide ample storage. The rear window pops open for airflow or admiring the view from bed, as do the rear doors. 2 huge drawers pull out from under the bed for lots of storage.
We have a Compo closet Cuddy composting toilet that vents to the outside. This lives under the bed and slides out from a cabinet door. For showering we use our kitchen faucet sprayer that swivels 360 degrees. Pop the kitchen window open and use the shower tent for a hot or cold shower outside!
- Custom wood and glass entry door with keyed deadbolt for security
- Outdoor hinge down table attached to side of bus
- Rear storage rack with huge toolbox, bike rack, 2x 20lb propane tanks, 2x diesel fuel containers
- 2x maxx air fans for air circulation (bedroom fan is 2-way)
- Large outdoor mat
- Shower tent
- 2x lockable underbody toolboxes
- Doors open at rear for underbed storage
- Completely sanded down and repainted with rustoleum oil based enamel paint
- Fully insulated roof walls and floor
- Light blocking curtains
- Hardwood hickory flooring
- Tongue and groove pine ceiling
- Reclaimed bamboo trim on cabinets
- LED downlights (8)
- Convertible couch / booth / bed with storage and hickory extendable table
- Fully functional kitchen with 3 burner gas stove and oven, large sink and butcher block countertop. 10 locking drawers, slide out pantry, slide out spice rack, upper cabinets for plenty of storage
- King size bed (option to keep our organic latex mattress)
- Bookshelf x 2
- Under bed storage with 2 massive drawers accessible from main living area
- Generous underbed storage accessible from the back double doors outside
- Compocloset composting toilet with fan vented outside
- Diesel heater
- 5 huge storage cabinets in bedroom for clothes / toiletries
- Oscillating fan in bedroom
- 990w solar system (3 large panels)
- 4944wh battery bank (2 x SOK lithium 12v 206ah batteries)
- Victron MPPT 150/60 charge controller
- Victron Multiplus 3000w inverter 24/3000/70-50 120v
- DC load panel
- 5 x double AC outlets
- 8x LED downlights
- LED strip lighting above couch
- 2x phone / USB charging stations
- Starlink satellite internet system!
- 75 gallon fresh water tank
- Shurflo water pump with accumulator and filter
- Pex plumbing
- Girard tankless rv propane water heater
- large stainless-steel sink and faucet with pot filler and spray hose (can be swiveled outside with the window open for showers)
- Separate pump and faucet for drinking water that connects to 5 gal jugs
- 25 gallon gray water tank
We already have much interest so please contact us immediately if you are interested as we will accept the first right offer that we receive, thank you!