- This thing is a beast. I’ve taken it across country and it’s passed every test of mine – it will climb hills, its coasts beautifully on the highway, it starts up in the cold and high elevation and has required almost no maintenance since I bought it.
- It’s super spacious (standing room inside), one of the most reliable skoolie models you can find, and is ready for you to take it to the mountains this weekend.
- I’m only getting rid of this because I’m moving with short notice, and I can’t take two vehicles.
- Bus is currently located in Cary, NC (in between Durham and Raleigh) and is available for pickup from this location.
Basics about the bus:
- 2002 Ford E-450 Super Duty 7.3L Diesel (22 ft long)
- Tabs/registration: Valid through May 2024
- Odometer: ~176K miles
- Battery: Brand new as of April 2023
- Tires: Put on $2k tires in May 2021 @ 168K miles
- I am the second owner after the school district. The first owner gutted the bus and built out the cabinetry only.
- I purchased it in February 2021 with 168K and I did the following:
- Converted vehicle class to an RV at the DMV, its been fully insured ever since.
- Full professional tune up – Done, no major issues just replaces fluids, filters, and things like that.
- Professionally installed Jensen Touchscreen Radio with Apple Car Play – Has Bluetooth and there’s a phone mount on the dash for your phone.
- Professionally installed Additional Radio Speaker – This thing is loud enough to not need max volume on the highway. I’ve even used it for music at campsites cause its that good.
- Professionally installed tongue and groove paneling
- Professional installed Water system – I never ran out of hot water.
- Professional installed full electrical – I was always charging at least 4 things, never ran out of power.
- 2 Renogy Monocrystalline flex Solar Panel 175 watt
- 2 Renogy AGM Deep Cycle 12V Batteries
- Power Inverter 3000 Watts
- Fuse box and breaker box
- 2 12v input socket with USB
- 4 Electrical A/C outlets
- Fantastic roof vent fan
- Installed exterior locks with keys on passenger side door and rear door (vehicle is fully secured)
- Revamped passenger side door (see photo)
- Installed Thetford 92820 Porta Potti 365 (slides out from middle cabinet on the side of the sink)
- Installed curtain rods and black out curtains
- Bus does have a deep fridge installed that I never used (it does function and get cold, but needs a deep clean. it slides out from under the bench)
- Bought an expensive tri-fold queen mattress for the rear (bench also fold outs to a full bed, so sleeps 4 in total)
- Put seat cover on driver seat (driver seat is the only seat with a seatbelt – theres room for a passenger seat to be installed next to the driver or seat belt can be added to the bench for easily 2 adults, maybe 3).
- Also included – $100s of dollars of extras:
- New in box – Portable Gas One Butane/Propane stove and 2 spare canisters
- New in box – Camco Evo RV Water Filter
- New in box -Camco TastePURE – Camper/RV Water Filter
- New in box – Extra Ford seat cover
- 50 ft extension cord
- Water hose to fill water tank
- Tri-fold mattress
- Spare engine oil and engine coolant
- 2 spare batteries
- Random additional things like a smoke alarm and C02 alarm, etc. – See photos for additional extras.
- Attention the bus needs – There is a crack in the windshield that will eventually need replacing.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!